Monday, April 26, 2010

Funky Explosion - $120

The colours in the photo don't do this cake justice. The instructions I was given for this cake was 'make it funky'. I'm not sure what funky meant but everyone was ecstatic about the results so I must have got something right. The bottom layer I covered in lime green fondant and decorated it with a paisley pattern in hot pink, purple and orange. The next layer was in hot pink with silver stars and hearts stuck around it. Both layers were divided by a ring of silver balls of varying sizes. Then I decided to make the '13' look as though it was exploding out of the top of the cake so did a split top as you can see in the photo. The '13' is emerging from a pile of silver balls and there are balls, hearts and stars on wires also shooting out of the top. All in all, I was very pleased with the effect and the colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment