Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keira's Piglet

Ah, I should have listened to the old adage that the customer is always right. Keira's mother ordered a 3-tier Piglet cake which was fine. Then I had the bright idea of how about making the cake in the shape of Piglet instead. Hayley was content to go with whatever I suggested, so Piglet cake was duly made. However, because of the weight of his/her ears and the lightness of the cake used for the head, on the eve of the party the head caved in. In a turn around of approximately 18 hours, I made and decorated a 3-tier cake which I thought turned out really well - better than the first. So from now on no more bright ideas, just go with what the customer asked for.

1 comment:

  1. Hayley said: Both cakes were a huge success! Keira made a right mess of the piglet cake but enjoyed every minute of it, so thank you so much for going above and beyond to ensure my daughter got her dream cake. I handed out all your business cards at the party as everyone was in awe of the amazing cakes and they tasted just as good as they looked.

    ReplyDelete